Monday, October 31, 2011

First Halloween...Quack Quack!

So I am a slacker at blogging but I just wanted to blog about Lusi's first Halloween.  So when we were trying to decide what Lusi would be for Halloween we had to choose between a monkey and a duck.  They were both super cute and we loved her as a monkey but we had to go with the lil duck... since Teki is the Duck we had to.  Plus the costume was so cute with the stripped tights!  After deciding on Lusi's costume we had to figure out what Teki and I would be.  So we wanted to keep the same theme going so I searched everywhere for a cow costume and found one finally at Saver's of all places.  Teki's costume was easy since he was going to be the farmer.  We were Old McDonald's farm family and it was so cute.

I was happy that Halloween was on a Monday since I have Monday's off so I got to spend the day with Lusi.  we decided we were going to go to the mall to go trick-or-treating and then go just around our block afterwards.  So we headed to the mall around 5, Jenn, Aj, Teki and I and we met up with our friend Laurie and her daughter Jada.  It was so much fun trick-or-treating at the mall just going from store to store.  I know Lusi didn't really understand what was going on but she had fun showing off how cute she it and getting candy for her mommy and daddy.  We made our rounds around the whole mall when we got kicked out because Jenn and Aj were mimes and apparently you cannot have full face paint in the mall.  Which is really stupid considering they didn't kick us out until we were already ready to leave.  Stupid mall cops.  Anyways on the way home we stopped to get some pizza and some candy to pass out to trick-or treaters.  By the time we got home Lusi was tried and hungry and ended up knocking out so we didn't make it around the block, but she did have a lot of fun at the mall and that was good enough for me.  It was such a fun day and I look forward to her getting older actually understanding the holidays and starting to share traditions as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment